Saturday, January 3, 2015

Melted Art





ART WITH A MESSAGE




This piece is called JOY; although, at times it represents sorrow. 

This piece began as a creative experiment during an art night with friends.  Early on, problems emerged, and this piece looked like a "hot mess!"  I contemplated trashing it, but hated to see a valuable canvas go to waste.  Only three eyelashes were melting, and it looked like (and was described as) a lady with mascara running down her face.  Another friend said I was making a mess.  After everyone was gone, I continued to chisel away some of the "mess" in hopes of reviving this piece.  Over a period of days I chiseled, added, melted, and rearranged until I got the piece you now see.  

The process and the piece became therapy for me, and I felt a message emerge.  I began to see how God takes us and all our messes...how he calls us his own and refuses to give up on us.  I began to see how He chisels, adds, rearranges, melts, spreads, covers...until He has molded and shaped us into His beautiful work of art.  

No longer should we give up or count ourselves (or others) out because of weakness, messes, mistakes and/or challenges...But rather we should let God have it all...knowing that He can work wonders with a life left in His skillful and Almighty hands. 

In His love and by His grace,
Ashley Jataun Moore
A.J.M. 



                                                   



No comments:

Post a Comment