Thursday, January 1, 2015

Back Where I Belong

Written by Ashley Jataun Moore
4.29.12

You spoke
And You said
“Be still and know that I am God”*
You told me You’d be exalted,
That Your glory would be revealed
But I got antsy
Unsatisfied
Quite frustrated to exact
And from discontentment, I moved
Away from trust; away from rest
Hashing and rehashing
Thinking
Talking
Trying to figure and work things out
But YOU are SO good
You held me
You held me
While I was tossing and turning
You held me
While I was fumbling around, attempting to gather and reassemble broken pieces
You held me
Even when I refused to relax in Your care
I was picking up pieces You’d told me to lay down
Weighted and unsettled, when you’d already spoken peace
Confused and frustrated, when you’d told me to trust
I am sorry Lord.
True to Your essence,
Your remained faithful
Even when my faith faltered and dissipated
So good
So compassionate
You melt my heart time and time again
So patient
So loving
You wait for me
So I bring You back the pieces
Trading You my pieces for Your peace
I bring you back the pieces
Laying them in your hands
Potter, Creator, Resurrector
There are no impossibilities in Your hands
Your heart
Pure, compassionate, wanting the best for me
Your thoughts
All-knowing,
Wise, full of truth and understanding
I bringing you all the pieces
Laying them in your hands
Now, free from the load You had been trying to carry
I run on
I run on
In Your joy and strength
Your peace,
My helium
My heart, my thoughts, my eyes
Lifted

*Psalm 46:10

No comments:

Post a Comment