Saturday, September 3, 2016

Art Therapy


Behind the drip of the drop of most of my paint
fell first a tear from my heart
brush strokes, cotton swabbing
disinfecting my wounds
my wound, my wounded heart and eyes
pressing mix-media fixtures in place, 
adding pressure to stop the flow of blood
giving adhesives time enough to adhere jewels and stones- adding to works flare and the perfect touch
giving God time to heal
"As you walk, you will be healed"
echos in my ears
bench pressing tasks
pushing past depression and fatigue
face tightened from the winds of life
smiles no longer coming with ease
eyes glazed over like mod podge works
disappointment clouds my eyes
yet mahogany crayons under the heat of a blow dryer
permit fluid movement again
and brown skin and red heart under the light of the SON
regain elasticity again
they stretch
they smile freely again
they bend
they grow
they love anyway
they hope again
and even glazed eyes can become new again
as I let the drip drop
from my eyes and onto canvases
a cycle of healing
and living
and growing
exhaling
healing and freeing my soul within


No comments:

Post a Comment