Sunday, September 11, 2016

Pound Cake

I once read a devotional comparing life to a pound cake.  A woman had her daughter or granddaughter to taste individual ingredients.  Of course they didn't taste good:  flour, baking powder, etc.  But then the woman mixed the ingredients together at the right proportions. 



She poured the batter in the pan, and baked the cake.  When the little girl came to taste the ingredients the second time (this time, combined, and baked), she tasted a delightful cake.  Is that not how life can be?  Some ingredients for success or fruition of a dream can taste awful in isolation; however, in God's hands, combined with other ingredients, processed through heat...can result in the tasty pound cakes of life.  The metaphor from my devotional crossed my mind as I baked the other night. As did Romans 8:28.   I know I am to find comfort in this.  Every time I bite into a slice of pound cake, I want to remember that all things are working together for my good.


No comments:

Post a Comment