Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Pieces Behind the Scenes



Much of our lives happens behind the scenes
Before the curtain opens
Below the surface
In the roots
Inside the vines and branches

Production
Fruit
Masterpieces
Are just a part
A piece
Pieces of me that I share

But the other pieces
Pieces of me
The piecing of me
The peacing of me

Lay in less visible places and spaces at times
They lay not in the ends but in the middles

Poems and canvases being chapter cliff-notes

Today, however,
Today I write about the middles

The in betweens

The gap between thought and articulation
The gulf between experience and understanding
The river of reflection
The time in between revelations

Life in between
Processes in between
Growth in between

Preparation
Learning
Sitting
Walking
Reflecting
Growing

The pieces in between

Pieces seen and unseen
And the piecing together
Of those pieces
Behind the scene

All a part of me
Fitting together
To make the whole of me

No comments:

Post a Comment