Wednesday, July 12, 2017

What I Won't Do

What I won't do is give up
on me
on life
on hope
What I won't do is quit
or accept that THIS is it, that THIS is as good as it gets
nope!
can't do it
because something in me
deposited before birth
let's me know
that there is more
that something rises in me like helium
even when my head has dropped and my heart has sunken
that something in me
is a seed
is destiny
is hope
I can't give up.
So, I'll write to the masses of 0 until the crowds begin to come
I'll mount my paintings behind closed doors, on my own walls and in my own hallways until their exhibited in museums
I'll get up and look in the mirror and say, "I am enough" until the the validation from others follows
I'll keep going, and doing, and preparing
because publishers are coming,
curators are on their way...
the masses are coming
and when they arrive, they'll be seeking
seeking the fruit developed from the seed inside
when they arrive, they'll be seeking and I'll be ready
So in the meantime
what I can't do, what I mustn't do, what I won't do...is give up

1 comment: