Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Grapplling With Time

Sometimes I feel time is running away from me
Other times I feel like time is TAKING FOREVER!!!!!

running out of...
losing...
making up for lost...
in sync with... 
rarely ahead of...
feeling like I need more of...
trying to make the most of...

TIME

pressure building 
anxieties rising
trying to find answers and ways, words and ideas
trying to make right moves

in the nick of...
just in...
right on...

TIME

tick tocks trying to dictate heart rhythms and blood pressure
but wisdom takes a deep breath
takes a step back
then picks up the clock
and runs with it

with all its might
with all my might
with all that it is
with all that I am

making the most of what is
unmoved by what is not
unshaken by the ticking
making melodies, rhythms, recording lyrics
that refuse to be bound by the tempo of the clock

tick tock
tick tock
tick tock

grabbing hold of time
dancing with it
attentive to it
yet not bound by it
my essence exceeding its barriers

time in my Father's hands
time handed to me

to steward
to use
to spend
to run with it
in wisdom
in truth
in boldness
with power



No comments:

Post a Comment