Thursday, June 4, 2015

Celebrating a Piece of Me...


Granddaddy, this post is for you.
I've had moments when my eyes leaked
Gravity of emotions
Caused tears to drop
Yet I know that I have not yet fully wept 
Or fully realized
The absence of your physical presence
But maybe all the moments of sputtered cries
Will add up to a full release

Mind racing
Time flying in slow motion
Surreal
Leaks have been my main release
Mind not wanting to be still enough to fully acknowledge and assess any loss
Yet I pause tonight
To be still enough to say
I miss you
I LOVE YOU
I am grateful for your presence in my life
Your life on earth has not been in vain
You've left a legacy of "FAMILY"
And many fond memories
Pop-sickles
Peppermint Patties
Golf Balls
Jazz
Sunday School Dates
Hugs and Kisses
The Bulls on TV
Two-Stepping
Love








No comments:

Post a Comment